Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gettin my Train on!!

WOOT WOOT! So Ive started biking to work on the days where I'll get out earlier on the minuteman bike path (15 miles in and 15 miles out, not a bad day) and it feels awesome! Ive also just finished reading this booooooooooooook "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall which makes me want to live off of a diet consisting of various corn products (not the processed corn products like our American diet gives us), lime juice, and pureed chia seeds, while at the same time running like an ultra-marathoner in new Vibram 5-fingers. After reading it Ive noticed a lot of people (specifically 3) running in the Vibrams or in their bare feet ( a central theme of the book is running in your bare feet is evolutionarily better for your body) and its been making me wonder why I dont go out and do crazy stuff like run in barefeet, practice Kung fu in parks, or dress up in a full body lycra spandex suit and walk around a busy mall attracting attention. I like to do that stuff, and Im the happiest when Im making a fool of myself doing that kind of stuff....I need to do that stuff......ok psychologist blogger is now over with (for this post).

Ive reached my fundraising goals, Ive hit my training goals, but I still need to hit my sweat equity, probably something I should have done a long time ago haha. After that its just getting the rest of the gear I need and Im ready for my trip across ERMURICA and my search for mythical creatures. Hopefully my tangents and rants make some kind of sense, but now Ive run out of material (and time at the library computers bound by a 45 minute session time) and am hungry for a banana. Jub Jub...

PS - I just used 6 pairs of parenthesis...thats impressive
PPS - I have discovered a new mytological creature known as the Irrcenraat, which are invisible sprite creatures that punish people for breaking the rules of the Alaskan tundra (pretty cool right...7 parenthesis).

No comments:

Post a Comment